Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nassau, Bahamas

We actually were not scheduled to come here, but because of high winds, this is where we ended up.  So not having anything planned, we just gave ourselves a self-guided tour.  Here are a few highlights...




I guess there was a time when Pirateering flourished here.

There was also an old fort, called Fort Fincastle built in 1793.  It was probably used to combat the pirates.  Se all the cruise ships?

 
There is also a large stone walkway called Queens Staircase, complete with waterfall, gardens, and a guy selling T-shirts.   


Ever heard of Paradise Island?  This is it from a distance.  We were trying to find the beach that was on the other side of this luxory resort, but we got lost and then kicked out for not being guests.  Jay's parents stayed here last August, and I believe Michael Jackson has his own wing.
We finally found the beach!  Too bad the winds were too high to be able to swim in the ocean.  We tried to anyway, but after getting slammed into the beach a few times with sand in every available socket, we gave up and just enjoyed the waves from a distance.



And that was our day, complete with beautiful sunset...


3 comments:

John Salmon said...

That towel is in an interesting position...

Lindsay said...

I think I like John (Salmon). I don't know him, but I don't think I need to. I like his comment. :o)

BYU Fish said...

Let's just say you two are my idols! New York, cruises, trips to Europe. How hard would it be to become you?