Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fun with the Fam


While the families were here, we decided to be touristas and explore NYC. Anders was dying to see FAO Schwarz giant toy store (He is a Home Alone II fan). But I don't know who had more fun, 13 year-old Anders, or 22 year-old Jeff.

You be the judge..





Meanwhile, Alita found somethings to amuse herself. I think this is called the cross-over step.


And what did the baby think of the toy store?

She thought the giant stuffed bears too stuffy...

And the dinosaurs too life-like.


We then ventured across the street to the Central Park Zoo. You may recall this tank below from the movie 'Madagascar', although the animals inside are very different.


And impressively, there is a polar bear at this little zoo. Now every time I have seen polar bears (at zoos that is, not the wild), they are always lounging in some far corner with only a tuft of fur proving it is not an empty display. But when we got to this fellow, he was wide awake and playing..


Emmilene kept Grandma Liz company as she was worn out from the overnight flight.

This is how I feel some days...


We went out to eat that night at a favorite French Restaurant of ours.


Anders had so much fun...

Until jet-lag set in!

TBC...

4 comments:

Sorensen said...

Jet lag from Idaho is a killer! I love these pictures. I even giggled a couple of times.

Bethany Anna said...

being a NYC tourist looks rather fun! In fact, I'll be doing it for a few days next week! I'm on a history tour with BYU-I and we will be watching Wicked! I'll keep my eyes open for you- 'cuz I wanna see your baby!

Linda Salmon said...

yes we had a wonderful fun time and Jeff had the best I think of all. We loved being there with you all.

Anonymous said...

What is Anders holding? Ugh!!! When will the next tour of NYC begin? Emmi is so cute! By the way auntie cindy is putting her to work. I will be sending that girl her first pair of scrubs! They are way too cute, when do you go back to work?