Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December '09

December brought Emmi's half-birthday and her 'official' entrance to Nursery. Since I am the nursery leader, she has actually attended since she was 13 months, but now she enters with confidence.

We had a little cupcake for her, and she only cried after we blew out the candle. I would say that is progress.



We also visited Santa land in Macy's and I think the overly-enthusiastic elves scared her more than Santa (me too).




We got our biggest and best tree yet, and it stayed healthy for a long time and it was so nice to smell.



Emmi put out the Nativity, then wanted to get a better view.




Christmas Eve we went out to Rock Center to see the Tree and store windows (sorry- bad picture, but that is as close as we got).






Santa brought a Canadian flag to go with Emmilene's American one. She loves flags. I think she is going to grow up to be one of those airport plane wavers.

She got a little tired of opening presents, so we had to have a couple breaks. Some other presents she was excited about...



We had Christmas dinner at our friends the Kelly's and I cooked my second turkey ever.


Emmi in her new dress from G & G Nelson. She actually smiled for the camera. On purpose. It was a Christmas Miracle!

New Year's Eve Emmi had a fever, Jay ran 8 miles, and I had to work at 7 the next day, so we had a countdown at 6:15 pm and went to bed early.

In the words of a young fellow at Church, we hope '09 was great and you have a even better '010!

5 comments:

Sorensen said...

I love that last picture of Jay! Glad to see Emmi is warming up to the birthday idea. We need to talk!

Teresja said...

So, my favorite pic is definitely the one with the Cabbage Patch doll--I guess I'm biased by the fact that she is wearing my presents. I also love the smiling pic--even if she looks about two years older than she is in it. ;) She is such a doll!

Jen said...

Oh! Christmas in NY...jealous!

Sara said...

Christmas in NY is so magical. Emmi is the cutest little girl ever. I love her name. ( I love the nativity picture of her on the floor hahahaha) Glad you guys enjoyed the season. Love ya.

Brian and Nellene said...

I love that Emmi is constantly in a ballerina outfit. She is such a pretty little girl. We have your Christmas card on our fridge and Samuel goes crazy over Emmi's picture! Ah..young love....