Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Cruise ~ Days 1 & 2

So some of you may not know, but Jay and I decided to go on one last trip before we became old and had to grow up...like the ripe old age of 30. So we went on a Norwegian ship to the Western Caribbean. It was nice to leave the frigid North to go to the tropics.
What is the first thing you have to do on a cruise? Emergency prep. I think they started this right after the Titanic. Here we are in our stylish life vests...
We left from Miami (my first time to Florida). Here are some pics as we were sailing away.
This is Miami Beach...we have more pictures from the last day, but it did not look this inviting. We had few days of sunshine, but at least no Hurricane.


Here is the second day. It was a day at sea, so we really don't have a lot of pictures except for wide open ocean and food.




As you may know, food is one of the top three reasons people go on a cruise. I think the other two are playing Bingo, and seeing the towel figures the staff make in your room each night.


A nice easy day at sea.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad you guys got to go on a cruise! Tay and I did that right after we found out I was pregnant... It was a much needed break from the cold here, and a good get away before we couldn't get away so easily. I love cruises because you don't have to do ANYTHING. Eat all you want, play all you want, sleep all you want, get entertained and cleaned up after...What's better than THAT?

Linda Salmon said...

looks like you had a good time. I hope Jay put on a few pounds while he was on board.