Friday, October 10, 2008

The Old and Young


Fall brings birthdays in our little family.  Jay celebrated his on the 30th of Sept, and mine is coming up too soon.  

Emmilene seems to want a party around the sixth of every month.

Instead of going out to eat this year, Jay agreed to let me make him anything he wanted.  
Salmon, scalloped potatoes, baked asparagus, and corn on the cob, along with pina colada (minus the colada, if you know what I mean).


After dinner, we went to a movie of Jay's choice.  Yep--all three of us, and it was no romantic comedy -- so it was loud.  I never payed attention to how loud movies are.  But Emmi actually slept through 87% of it.  

Poor little girl didn't get any cake.
So she was looking forward to ice cream on her 4 month birthday...

But Daddy ate it all.

She forgave and forgot (the great thing about kids) and is still her happy little pink self!

3 comments:

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

She's so sweet:) I wish I could see her in person.

I miss you guys. She's got your great smile!

Love,
mary

bret and family said...

We are both still amazed at all the hair Emmi has!!!

The trip to see Rachel looked like lots of fun, I (bret) am so happy for her, they look great.

the news keeps talking about Wallstreet fat cats with large expense acounts... if you see a cat eating at a French resurant send me a picture ight?

Alison Margot Lee said...

I love how she is so cute!!! It is amazing how she can be that cute!! Oh and I got a blog so if you want o check it out just go to Carol's Blog but you don't have to.