Saturday, September 12, 2009

Camp... After a 15 Year Hiatus

Yep, I went back to Girl's Camp this summer as the Nurse. It was so fun! It was in upstate NY in a beautiful campground complete with Mess Hall, Craft Cabin, and even a lake to swim in.

We didn't have such luxuries back in LV when I was a teenager. In fact, we didn't even have cars back then and had to walk through the dessert. Uphill. In the snow. With no shoes. And no feet.

And we were THANKFUL! (1:08-2:36)

Speaking of luxury, the nurse got a cabin as well. I had my own shower and bathroom, and about 5 brooms.

It was good to get to know all the lovely Young women that live in Manhattan. I especially enjoyed that there were no major health emergencies.

And where was Emmilene all this time? She was at camp with me and she loved it. She had new friends to play with as some of the other leaders had their kids. And the girls loved her, perhaps too much sometimes.



Jay came one night to visit and we were both overjoyed to see him.


When Jay wasn't there, she followed this poor fellow, Marcus, everywhere. I think she thought he resembled her dad. He could get her to anything, even eat, when I couldn't.


So the big rage at camp is a giant slip n' slide. Who knew a hose, some soap, and a long long plastic tarp could be so fun?

I got so nervous watching them go down as I was sure I would have to set broken bones or stitch together foreheads (as I do that all the time in my profession... haha!)



And yes, I even let someone take Emmi down. Twice. But I think I held my breath the whole way down. Actually, I don't know how I could done that from this video:




No comments: