Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Florence

We came to this artistic city for only two days... not enough, but a good taste of the birthplace of the Renaissance.

A copy of Michelangelo's David guarded our car.


Can you smell the leather?

Il Duomo


Emmilene climbed up the first 20 steps to the Dome, but then got a little tired.





The Baptistry


Are you tired of looking at gelato pictures? I wish I had some now....


Ponte Vecchio made in 1345. The only Medieval bridge that didn't get bombed in WWII.

Jay not only took fabulous pictures, but he was the gear man also.


Car was safe. Who would mess with a 14 foot naked man with a rock?
Thanks Dave.

The second day in Florence we parked near a market that sold everything....


Look again...

Piazza della Signoria. Home of lots of pigeons, statues, and where David originally stood. I know this is the third picture of him, and none of the original since we weren't allowed to take photographs (feeling guilty, A?), but it was amazing to behold.


Pinocchio was born in Florence. This random lady wanted a picture with Emmi.
We saw this all over by bodies of water. When you are in love, you put your initials on a lock and throw the key into the river.


This made us feel a little more at home...


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your pictures, ahhh...I would never get tired of looking at gelato. I don't know if NYC has one, but Whole Foods I heard has great gelato! :)

Kiasa said...

Okay, fine! you've convinced us to go to Italy with kids. Seriously, I LOVE the photos!

byufish said...

Okay...have to say...Florence was my all-time favorite while I was in Italy. Honestly...I could have spent a month there!! So much to see, and enjoy and LEARN!! So much history. And...I have a picture of the original David and some of the other sculptures in that museum if you need them for your journal. Oh man...I'm getting a little envious of you and your Italian adventure...and the gelato!! Never too many pictures of that Italian delicacy! Keep 'em coming!!

Sorensen said...

Mmmmm gelato!