Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Blaze

Just north of NYC, they have a big pumpkin festival every year with thousands of hand-carved pumpkins. We went with some friends and had a great time before a thunderstorm struck.



Someone invited the Dementors.





Poor Robert ended up with a headdress.

I don't endorse all the super scary things about Halloween (like why this time of year it is perfectly normal to put fake blood all over your apartment windows with gory zombie's eating people on your porch that gives my 2-year old nightmares?), but I do enjoy the pumpkins and princesses and hayrides and superheros and Thriller dance, so I say
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

BYU Fish said...

I have to say....I clicked on all the pictures just to get a better look at all the carving!! That's a MAMMOTH project. Definitely worth seeing. Thanks for sharing!!

Cindy said...

I loved your first pumpkin picture so much, I put in my blog for a halloween pic. I hope you don't mind. Just pumpkins, no people!!

Sorensen said...

Of course you love Thriller dance! That looks like so much fun!

Lindy Salmon said...

That puts the Pumpkin Walk to shame . . . (hopefully you know what I'm talking about, it was a common activity each year at USU for dates and FHE :).

Brian and Nellene said...

What an amazing festival! Looks like so much fun! Your family is cute as ever. We miss ya!