Friday, May 16, 2008

May Showers

How great friends are!  I was blessed to have two showers for our little baby this month.  The first was a surprise...
  
Kentucky Derby

My co-workers had been talking for weeks about the Kentucky Derby and planned a big party for it.  So, I brought my little salad (that Jay actually made) and came prepared to watch the races in the afternoon of our shift.  
Lo and behold, through some fancy maneuvering and outright lying (like telling me the employee lounge was being fumigated so I would stay away), I finally went for a cookie and walked in on 30 people yelling "Surprise!"  

Before...

And after...

There was such good food!  As any Derby shower should have...


Even Jay was in on it!  He was happy to attend his first baby shower.  
We did actually watch the Derby, by the way.   


And then the next week some friends threw me such a fun shower at the lovely Sariah Johnson's home.  I was a little more prepared for this one. 

Of course, more yummy food!

Which I ate!
Some of the great women who came...


Thank you so much, guys!  Now our baby will not only be un-naked, but more stylish than both her parents!  And we will have a lot easier time getting around the city. 
Thanks!  

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really wish I could have been there! Looks like you DID have good food, and I want to eat it right now. Love your face in the suprise pic, you have some pretty cool co-workers!

Kjerstina....you're ALMOST there!!!!

Linda Salmon said...

Hey you look great for being so far pg. I am impressed. Glad you had a fun time and got some nice things. Can't wait to see her in some of them. Love mom

Elise said...

It was so much fun! I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for inviting me!