Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The World Welcomes Emmilene



We are pleased to introduce you to Emmilene Elizabeth who made her bold entrance on Friday, June 6, 2008 at 5:26 am.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 8 oz, and stretches out to 20.5 inches.  

Here are a few pictures of her first couple days of life.

Proud Papa and our excellent doctor.

First family photo.  All three of us were exhausted, but glad she arrived safe and sound.




Then they took her away, and returned her washed and cleaned.  I think she went to the Nursery Salon on the way back.  A couple of the nurses told us she has "the most hair ever seen on a white baby".




She is very alert for a newborn.  Probably thinking of statistics ... like her father.

First diaper change...life is rough as a newborn!


In all her sonogram pictures, her arms were always up by her face.  This seems to be her favorite way to sleep. 



Going home was traumatic... not just for Emmilene, but for her mother who had never seen her calm baby cry so much.



Dad to the rescue!  He has such a calming affect.

The whole experience was the most amazing thing.  This little person comes to you in such a difficult way, but then you love her more than you ever thought possible.  It has been a wonderful couple of days in trying to settle in with our new family.  

Thank you for viewing our little miracle.   

You can be sure there will be more pictures to come...

10 comments:

Diane said...

Yeah!! She is SOOO beautiful! That hair!! SO SO cute. The girls are going to put her up as the latest backdrop on our computer. Love to you and congratulations.

Ryan + Jess said...

Congratulations you two! And just be prepared for EVERYONE to comment on her hair. She does have very luxurious locks, I must say! Hope mom and baby are both doing well and recovering!!

Lindsay said...

Seriously, I am jealous of her hair. She probably has more than me. She is such a doll, I can't believe how cute she is. I love all the pics, post more asap!

Linda Salmon said...

Thanks for posting so many picture as that helps with the distance for us. She is so precious and beautiful we love her as well. I can't wait to hold and hug and kiss her. I am having a hard time in not coming sooner than Aug.

John Salmon said...

Congratulations, Jay and Kjerstina!

Hi, Emmilene! I'm your favorite uncle.

I'll buy you a big red dog as soon as I can...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Emmilene is too cute! She definetly has the most hair for any little white baby I have ever seen, and believe me, working in postpartum for 8 yrs thats huge.I hope you got the gift card to Babies R us, otherwise I sent it to your old address.

Scherri Overholt said...

HOW WONDERFUL! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND EVEN HAS MORE HAIR THAN JAY!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH...i AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU. EMMILENE IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE TWO WONDERFUL AND LOVING PARENTS! SENDING LOTS OF LOVE AND TONS OF HUGS & KISSES,
sCHERRI

Elise said...

She's so beautiful! I remember thinking that Dallin had a lot of hair, but it was peach fuzz compared to Emmilene. I'm excited to meet her.

Heidi said...

Good grief! Look at her hair! I don't even think that my husband has that much hair. She is sooooo cute! Congrats!

-Heidi Vetter

MA said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful - wow, look at all that hair. We love her name, such good taste! Hope you are all well, and loving your time together.

Sincerely, MaryAnne Wells