Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Alhambra


Granada's Alhambra is the most visited place in Spain, and we were glad to add to the numbers. It was the Palace and fortress of the Moorish leaders back in the 14th century set up on the hillside. These pictures don't show it well enough, but the details in the architecture are amazing.


The above is a ceiling... simply stunning.







Emmilene loved sharing her lunch with the birds... even when we ran out of bread.


I think I read the maze like walls below were actually baths for the soldiers.

Jay and Emmi peaking out with the Sierra Nevada Mountains behind



I got trapped by school-children and they were pushy!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Hi
You are right, I so would not of remembered how to spell your name. Ok you guys look like you are having way too much fun travelling the globe. My email is susietilleman@yahoo.com, lets get together this week.