Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Guell and Tibidabo



This is a fascinating place Gaudi was commissioned to make as a new elite housing development after making the grounds and only 3 houses, the idea was abandoned. It is now a city park that is very popular on warm sunny days.


Jay took this picture just to get the guys hair behind me. It is short with one long clump on the top of his head twisted into a bun.





This is the entrance from inside. One house is Hansel and Gretel's, the other the witch.



The entire park is a mosaic with ceramic tiles pieced together. Reminds me of a couple plates in our kitchen.




This is Jay, pretending like he doesn't know that I told him to go over there for a picture.



We met up with the Struks and took a tram to the top of a mountain where we found Tibidabo, a funny name for an amusement park and a Church. You can see it in the above picture if you click on it.


Eve is pretending she just happened to be standing there as we took a picture. So cute!


We climbed to the top...











We went out to eat with the Struks who knew the bast restaurant and the best Tapas to order.

Oh so divine!


After dinner, we went to this awesome fountain show which makes the Belagio look like a lawn sprinkler.

This bottom one reminds me of jello.




All these fountains were in front of this building, which I can't remember much about, except that it's really old and now houses a museum.






Time to say goodbye. Thanks for being so much fun, Eve!

1 comment:

Brian and Nellene said...

It all Looks like so much fun! You pics are so great! I visited most of these places when I went to Barcelona to visit my parents. I remember I brought back hair pieces for all of our roommates at the CT House. funny.